DigiLocker app is a government recognized app, in this app you can save a copy of your driving license (DL)
New Delhi. If you are driving a vehicle in the country, then you must have a driving license (DL). There can be a challan if caught without a driving license. Many times we forget to keep our DL in purse. In such a situation we have to face trouble. Do you know that the physical driving license can be stored on your smartphone as a secure digital copy and is as valid as the original driving license?
Through DigiLocker app, you can download the soft copy of driving license on your phone. You can download this app from Google Play Store or App Store. Always keep one thing in mind that you have your phone with you. DigiLocker app allows you to scan documents and keep them safe. DigiLocker app is a government recognized app. If ever you forget the physical copy, then you have to open this app on your smartphone during checking and show your DL.
How to save driving license in Digilocker
- Download the DigiLocker app by going to Google Play Store or App Store and then open it.
- If you have not signed-in your DigiLocker account, then sign-in or if you do not have an account on DigiLocker, then first click on the option of create account.
- Transport panel has to be searched in the document option on the DigiLocker app. Here you will get the option of driving license, select it.
- You will be asked about the Transport Department. You have to select the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- Now enter the driving license number.
- After this click on Get Document.
- Now your driving license will be saved in your DigiLocker.